Akorede Shakir is an avid learner, bilingual writer, multidimensional resource person and strategist. His major life interest revolves round advocacy for better and standard living, good governance, human development and equity. He’s equally an Islamic and Arabic scholar who preaches sound islamic doctrine broad and wide. He’s a translator and interpreter of Arabic-English languages.
He’s the Founder and CEO of Naija Leadership Builder. A blog where he writes to teach Nigerian prospective leaders about proficient leadership skills. He’s the author of the e-bok: “YOU ARE A LEADER (Start acting like one)”
At present, Akorede is a Youth Corp Member serving in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Akorede is a graduate of Arabic Language from the better by far university of Ilorin with Second Class Honours (Upper Division) Degree Class. He holds a college certificate (Distinction) of the same course from College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies, Ilorin. He was a two-term University scholar, and the Best Graduating Student of the Department of Arabic, University of Ilorin.
Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI)
- Certificate in ‘Management Strategies for People and Resources’ August 08, 2015
- Certificate in Strategies for Personal Growth and Development
- Marcaz Arabic Training Centre, Agege, Lagos. 2003-2009 (Certificate Translated at the Lagos State University, Lagos)
- e-Book: YOU ARE A LEADER (Start Acting Like One)
Akorede is a former Students’ Union President of Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies (2010-11); Chairman of National Association of Nigerian Students, Kwara axis NANS KWARA (2011-2013); Convention Chairman of the same association (2014); member, Kwara State Student Welfare Committee under the office of the SA Student Matters to the State Governor; and Director of Programme/Protocol for the University of Ilorin Students’ Union Leadership Summit (2014) and 1st Pan African Student Parliamentary Conference, Unilorin.
His leadership and student unionism track records are widely traceable on national dailies and online sources. For this and other news about his general impacts, click here to have a glimpse.
- Best Graduating Student, Department of Arabic, University of Ilorin. (2015).
- Leader of the Masses (LOM) –an award of merit by Kwara State axis of NANS (2015).
- NANS Chairman of the Year –Award of excellence by NANS National Headquarters (2012).
- Pillar of Student Unionism –Award of Honour by University of Ilorin Students’ Union (2014).
- Certificate of leadership recognition –African Democratic Dream Project (2015).
For more information about his professional and work experience, you can read further from his Résumé. Click here to download it.
Get his top-notch inspiring book “YOU ARE A LEADER (Start acting like one)” with a click on the title of the book. It is absolutely FREE.